Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sub Plans, 5/19

This is my last day of meetings. I will be in class this Thursday and Friday. So enjoy one more day without me here in class.

1. Continue with your newsreels using www.cbsnews.com Make sure you are getting these into your notebooks. I will be checking your notebooks this Friday.
2. Using some of the websites from yesterday, including http://www2.ed.gov/programs/racetothetop/index.html and the White Houses website located at http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/fact-sheet-race-topyou should create two posters using the butcher paper in the front of the room. One poster is supporting the Race to the top program, the other is bashing the Race to the top program. You may also use the following websites to help include facts:
http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/04/14/race-to-the-top-school-funding-has-states-rethinking-education/
or
http://www.lvrj.com/news/educators-want-to-race-to-the-top-93563264.html
or
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204886304574308442726348678.html
or
http://www.usatoday.com/news/education/2009-11-04-obamatop04_st_N.htm

Keep in mind, like yesterday, you should not have any time in class to do nothing. Both of these posters should take at least 30 minutes each. You and your partner know where the markers and colored pencils and scissors are located in the front of room; I suggest you work together on BOTH the posters. There should not be a you do one I'll do one approach. You both need to work on each of the posters together.

See you all on Thursday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment